Be Relevant

Relearning everything we've forgotten.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Plan

So the plan is very simple:

1.  Get out of debt
2.  Save enough to buy 20-25 acres debt free
3.  Buy the 20-25 acres and start a farm

That seems deceivingly simple.  Yet the duplicity is in that it is that simple.  I know there are a hundred steps in between - if not thousands.  But looking at them all at once makes the whole idea seem unattainable.

It seems that usually the biggest deterrent to realizing our dreams is our own psyche.  Rightfully so I might add.  We've had nothing but years of conditioning that tells us how to live our lives.  Even our education system pumps us out like assembly line parts.  Debt is part of the American Dream.  Our standard of living is measured by how much we can buy.  Poverty indicators are linked to the Consumer Price Index.  You have to hire a professional to do what you need done and it's easier to throw something out than to fix it.  Of course it has become easier to throw out our dreams than to go for them.

I'm not saying that it is going to be easy.  Far from it and I hope so.  The easier we obtain things the less they mean to us.  Plus I want to finally get away from focusing on the end.  We get so fixated on the return, the bottom line, that we miss so much living in between.

I want a home that means something, not just another rented apartment.  I want to wake up on land that takes care of me because I take care of it.  I feel so wasteful.  Wasting resources, wasting time, wasting relationships with people and the environment around me.

I remember an old adage that works here for me.  K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid.

So my plan is simple.

Cheers,
Coop

No comments:

Post a Comment