On the eve of my 34th birthday I made a list of what I want to accomplish for year number 35 on this planet. They are not in any particular order and are numbered for ease of creating a list. Except of course for #1.
1. Show Mel how much I love her everyday
2. Be debt free
3. Put away $50k
4. Cut transport by 50% ~ cut gas allowance by 50%
5. Quit Drinking (I'm not a teetotaller just want get that 6 pack abs)
6. Quit Fast Food
7. Purchase 1/2 my groceries locally
8. Rough draft of a novel
9. Find an agent for said rough draft
10. Decrease my housing to around $1k a month here in SD
11. Write several articles for magazines
12. Have a 5 year plan for the farm ("But he has a 5 year plan!" No offense Hooters' girls)
13. Have a location for the farm and purchase the land
14. Have the skills to get us through the first 2 years
15. Have fun and enjoy life.
I'm sure there are more things that I could add to the list but as I was enjoying my final beer for the year this is what I came up with. To date I haven't had anything to drink since last Friday nor fast food. I have also bought some plums locally. Other than that I'm moving quite slowly. Perhaps I should add do not procrastinate.
Today that changes. I'm taking the new road bike that I got for FREE off of freecycle.org for a spin. I drove to work with the bike in the back of the truck and will ride it home this afternoon. Then I will ride it in tomorrow morning. Next week I'm going to increase the amount of days biking to work.
It's time to walk the talk. Or rather ride the talk. I want to cut my dependence on gasoline and get healthy. So wish me luck.