Be Relevant

Relearning everything we've forgotten.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays - A Holiday Wish for the New Year

The other day at work I had quite the debate going with two of my co-workers.  We started with why the banking crash happened and ended with businesses adding value.

I won't bore you with the details but one of my co-workers believes that one person can't make a difference.  This saddens me greatly.

First, the greatest lie ever perpetrated on people is to vote with their dollars.  That their actual right to vote doesn't count.  Vote with your dollars when you are dealing with products from a company.  That's when it makes a difference.

The greatest thing about this country is that you may have a million dollars and I have $1 but we both each have a vote.  That's the great equalizer and don't let anyone ever tell you that your vote won't count.

My solution is to do both; vote with my dollars and my 1 vote.

So my Holiday Wish to everyone is to know that YOU, one person, can make a difference if you choose to.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and may we make 2011 a year we want to leave to our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment