Be Relevant

Relearning everything we've forgotten.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

My First Chicken Tractor!



So in my defense I made this completely from salvaged materials and all I had was a blurry pic printed off the internet to decipher how to build this.

It's a copy of Joel Salatin's chicken tractor.  10 ft X 12 ft and should accommodate 90 chickens.  He uses 1 X 3 lumber to build his to keep the weight down.  His still weighs between 150-200 lbs.  I used 2 X 4 lumber so this puppy has some heft to it.  Be guaranteed that nothing is getting in or out and we don't have to worry about the wind blowing it over.

Here is the frame that I put together.  I had to brace it due to the lengths making the wood flimsy.


Here's a pic of a joint so you can see how I fastened them together.



And here's the finished product.  I was so intent on finishing this today I didn't really get that many pictures.  I used the tin roofing to help keep the weight down but keep the security up.


Like I said it's rough looking but it was free!




Well there's the finished product.  Now to get it into the field and get some chickens in it!


1 comment:

  1. Debt collection lawyers are desired to meet the requirements of the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act - a federal law passed by the Congress to govern the actions that a debt collector takes in the

    process of collecting a debt. Generally speaking, the fees charged by debt collection lawyers are high, and vary depending on judgments. Usually, these lawyers charge fees on an hourly basis or one-third

    of the amount recovered, or sometimes both.
    Debt settlement lawyers in Massachusetts

    ReplyDelete